Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Fort Lauderdale
A motor vehicle accident can be devastating to you and your loved ones. The physical, emotional, and financial trauma you have to deal with after a serious accident can be overwhelming and leave you feeling that you have nowhere to turn. A motor vehicle accident lawyer in Fort Lauderdale at Coffey Trial Law is here to help.
We have 20 plus years of combined legal experience, and we will put it use making sure you are not struggling to make ends meet after a serious car accident.
Call 954-289-6316 today.
Causes of Car Accidents
Every year, car accidents in the United States cause thousands of injuries and deaths. And the causes of these accidents vary greatly, but many are the result of human errors or negligence. Some of the most common causes include:
One of the most common causes of accidents is a distracted driver. Examples of distracted driving include:
- – Texting or talking on the phone
- – Talking to passengers
- – Dealing with children in the car
- – Daydreaming
Speeding is another common cause of auto accidents and one that can greatly increase the severity of an accident you are in.
Speeding can make it difficult to control the car, negotiate turns and curves, and make sudden stops.
Reckless or Drunk Driving
Reckless drivers are some of the most dangerous out there. Many reckless drivers swerve in and out of traffic, tailgate, speeding, drink, and run lights without thinking of the other drivers around them.
Common Injuries from Car Accidents
While some minor accidents only result in cuts and bruises, more serious accidents often end in:
- – Head injuries
- – Traumatic brain injuries
- – Spinal cord injuries
- – Whiplash
- – Crushing injuries
- – Broken bones
- – Dislocations
- – Fatal injuries
What does Florida insurance law say about accidents?
Florida is one of the 12 states in the country that is a “no-fault” state. No-fault state essentially means that, in most cases, fault does not matter. Rather than filing a claim against the other driver, drivers must turn first to their own insurance.
The law requires all drivers in Florida to have personal injury protection (PIP) auto insurance that provides them with up to $10,000 in immediate medical coverage after an accident.
It is important to note that, in order to receive your PIP benefits, you must see a doctor within 14 days of your accident.
While PIP pays for 80 percent of your medical bills and 60 percent of your lost wages, in many cases, it is not enough.
If this is the case, you may be eligible to file a third-party liability claim against the other driver.
To be eligible to file a claim, you must have suffered a serious injury. A serious injury must fulfill one of the following:
- – Permanent injury
- – Permanent scarring, disfigurement, or loss of bodily function
- – Lead to death
Dealing with another driver’s insurance company can be a tricky process, which is why you need a dedicated team of injury lawyers on your side. The team at Coffey Trial Law will fight for you and make sure you do not get the run-around from a hard-to-deal-with third party insurance company.
Proving Fault After an Accident
To be able to recover compensation from the at-fault party, you must be able to prove that driver was at-fault for your accident. Proving fault takes a lot of evidence, but we can help you gather it.
Evidence from the scene of the accident can help determine fault. From photos of the tire marks and car debris to police reports and eyewitness testimony, these key pieces of evidence can help back up your claim.
Expert witness testimony from an accident reconstruction expert can help determine who was at fault in an accident as well.
It is important to remember to always maintain your medical records after an accident as well, as your injuries can also be crucial evidence in proving fault on the part of another driver.
For what can I recover compensation?
A car accident can leave you dealing with many difficult things, such as:
- – The death of a loved one
- – Costly medical expenses
- – Lost wages while you recover
- – Damage to your primary source of transportation
You can recover compensation for all of the above.
Call Coffey Trial Law Now at 954-541-3194 for a Consultation
If you have been involved in a car accident and need more than the $10,000 that your PIP insurance offers you for medical coverage, call Coffey Trial Law today and let us help you.
Our team has more than 20 years of combined experience helping victims of car accidents get a fair recovery for the financial, physical and emotional hardships they have had to deal with. And we can do the same for you.
Do not let a serious car accident leave you feeling like you have no place to turn. Coffey Trial Law can help get your life back on track. So call us now at 954-541-3194 to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation.
Motor Vehicle Accidents News
- What Happens After a Car Crash
- Injury Claims Filed for 2011-2017 Ford Explorer Exhaust Leaks
- Your Legal Options to File a Hit and Run Claim if the Other Driver Left the Scene
- AAA Report: Not Getting Enough Sleep Increases Crash Risk
- Florida Highway Patrol Ticketing to Stop Aggressive Driving
- Study Finds 14 Accidents Related to Pokémon GO Use While Driving
- 3 Reasons Why Texting and Driving Is Dangerous
- Determining Rear-End Collision Fault
- AAA Survey Finds 8 in 10 Drivers Admit to Having Road Rage
- The Social Responsibilities of Driving
- Electrical Studies Prove Exacerbation of a Teacher’s Pre-existing Conditions
- Electrician’s Arm Goes to Sleep After Rear-end Collision
- Roofer Injured in Rear-end Collision
- Mark R. v. Tow Truck Company
- Mark and Sandra L. v. Utility Company
- Head-on Collision in Florida Keys Settles for $260,000 Policy Limits
- Jennifer S. v. Uninsured Motorist Insurer
- 3 Steps to Follow After an Accident – Miami Car Accident Lawyer
- Confidential Settlement for Bicyclist Injured in an Accident with a Car