Our team at Coffey Trial Law loves serving injured individuals and their families in the Fort Lauderdale area. One of the most common and life-altering major injuries people experience is a traumatic brain injury (TBI). We are passionate about community outreach and about making a difference in others’ lives, particularly for future leaders coping with brain injuries. As part of our firm’s outreach initiatives, we have decided to bestow a $1,000 TBI Scholarship upon one eligible, determined college student each year.
Young children from newborns to age four, and older teenagers from age 15 to 19 are two of the age groups most at risk for TBI, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Brain injuries can affect every aspect of a person’s life, from memory and speech to relationships and motor skills. Young people with TBIs will face various challenges in their lives that will test their resolve and build their character.
But we believe a TBI should not hinder students’ access to a higher education. All hardworking students should have an opportunity to pursue their education and manifest their goals. Coffey Trial Law would like to help. We hope that our TBI Scholarship will give an ambitious student a little extra boost and open a few doors at school.
We encourage all qualified students to apply.
What are the requirements for the Coffey Trial Law TBI Scholarship?
The Coffey Trial Law TBI Scholarship is open to students in the US who have sustained a TBI, or whose loved one has sustained a TBI. Graduating public, private, and homeschool high school seniors; undergraduate students; and graduate students are all welcome to apply.
Applicants must meet all the following requirements to be eligible:
- They must have received a TBI diagnosis, or they must have a loved one with a diagnosed TBI.
- They must be enrolled in or have been accepted to an accredited college or university in the U.S.
- Their overall weighted GPA must be 3.0 or higher.
- They must complete and submit the online application, an essay, and a copy of their school transcript.
- They must agree to our Terms and Conditions.
How do students apply for the scholarship?
To apply for the Coffey Trial Law TBI Scholarship, students must fill out the application form on this page and attach their transcripts and essay.
The deadline to submit the 2017 TBI Scholarship application is July 15, 2017. We will contact the winner by phone or email.
What are the essay requirements?
All applicants must choose one of the following essay topics and submit a thoughtful, 500- to 1,000-word essay along with their application:
- What aspects of living with a TBI do you wish people better understood?
- Despite the challenges and setbacks, what positive outcomes related to your TBI have you experienced since your injury? (Have you found a silver lining?)
- What has been the most challenging part of having a TBI and how are you coping with it so you can continue to push toward your goals?
- What advice would you give a young person who recently sustained a brain injury?
Get More Information about the Coffey Trial Law TBI Scholarship
For more information about the Coffey Trial Law TBI Scholarship, call our office at 954-541-3194. We look forward to your submission and wish you luck!